How Big is 1 Foot? Definition and Examples.
1 foot is a unit of length in the customary system of measurement that is equal to 12 inches.
You may want to think of 1 foot as the average length of a human foot because this is how it was originally defined.
However, unless you really have big feet, it is not likely that your foot will have a length of 12 inches.
Things around your house that measure 1 foot or 12 inches.
- Height of a two-liter soda bottle is approximately 1 foot or 12 inches
- The length (longest side) of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is approximately 6 inches. Therefore, the length of two Samsung Galaxy Note 4s is approximately 12 inches.
- The length of an adult's forearm from the elbow to the wrist is approximately 12 inches.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.