How Long is a Decade?
How long is a decade? A decade is a measure of time that is equal to 10 years, 120 months, about 521.785 weeks, or about 3650 days.
The word decade is derived from the word deca meaning 10
- From January 1, 1990 to December 31, 1999, there is a decade.
- From January 1, 1995 to December 31, 2004, there is a decade.
- From January 1, 1960 to December 31, 1969, there is a decade.
Did you know this?
When people say from the 1980s, 1970s, or 1990s, they are referring to a decade.
For example, from the 1970s means from 1970 to 1979. From 1970 to 1979, there are ten years.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.