How long is an hour ? Definition and examples.
An hour is a unit of time that is equal to 60 minutes. It is used in both the customary and metric systems of measurement.
If you wake up everyday at 7:00 AM and you leave your house at 8:00 AM, 1 hour has gone by.
- The average time it may take to bake a whole chicken weighing 3 pounds is 1 hour.
- A show on national television usually lasts 1 hour to include commercial.
- The average time of a class in middle school, high school, or in college is about 1 hour.
24 hours is equal to 1 day.
Hour can also mean a set of appointed time.
Maria's lunch hour with Alfredo is at 1:00 PM.
The train will leave the station at 2100 hours (Military time).
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.