How much is 1 cup?
How much is 1 cup? A cup is a unit of capacity in the customary system of measurement that is equal to 8 fluid ounces.
How much is 1 cup in real-life?
The figure above shows a measuring cup and a glass with water in them. Each container shows exactly 1 cup of water.
Looking at the measuring cup, we see that it has exactly 8 fluid ounces of water or 1 cup of water.
- The capacity of a glass is about 1 cup or 8 fluid ounces.
- The capacity of a coffee mug is a little over than 1 cup since it can usually hold 8-12 fluid ounces of liquid.
- The capacity of a water bottle is 2 cups since it can usually hold 2 cups of water.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.