What is a quadrilateral? Definition and Examples
What is a quadrilateral? A quadrilateral is a shape that has all the following characteristics:
The meaning of two-dimensional is that the figure is flat.
The meaning of four sides is that it is made with four lines
The meaning of closed is that all the lines meet
The figure shown below meets all the characteristics above and therefore is a quadrilateral.
Properties of a quadrilateral
- The sum of the interior angles is equal to 360 degrees
- The quadrilateral can be regular or irregular
- The quadrilateral has 4 sides, 4 angles, and 4 vertices
Special quadrilaterals refer to the six quadrilaterals below that are given special names based on how the sides and/or angles are formed.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.