What does Gram Mean ? Definition and Real Life Examples.
A gram is a unit of weight in the metric measurement system that is equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
1 g = (1/1000) kg or 1 kg = 1000 grams.
The gram is used to measure the weight of things that are really light.
Things in your house that can have a weight of approximately 1 gram
- 20 drops of water. If you want to see what 1 drop of water looks like, check this site.
- About one-fourth of a teaspoon of water.
- A pinch of sugar.
- About one-fourth of a single grape
- A paper receipt handed to you by a cashier.
- About 35 grains of rice depends on the size.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.