What does Parallel Lines Mean? Definition and Examples
What does parallel lines mean? Parallel lines are lines in the same plane that do not meet or intersect. The following figure shows four lines that are parallel.
Notice that the plane is shown in blue and the four lines that are parallel are shown with green lines. It is important that the lines are located in the same plane as shown above if they will be parallel or not.
Real life examples of parallel lines
- Yard marks on a football field are parallel lines
- Edges of a ruler are parallel lines
- Opposite sides of many picture frames are parallel lines
- Railway track are parallel lines
- Edges of many computer screens are parallel lines
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.