What is 1 ounce in math? Definition and Examples
1 ounce is a unit of weight in the customary measurement system that is equal to one-sixteenth of a pound.
1 ounce = (1/16) pound or 1 pound = 16 ounces.
The ounce is used to measure the weight of things that are somewhat light.
Things in your house that can have a weight of approximately 1 ounce
- About 560 drops of water or one-eighth of a cup. If you want to see what 1 drop of water looks like, check this site.
- About seven teaspoons of water.
- About two tablespoons of sugar.
- About the amount of sugar in two apples
- About seven or eight grapes
- About 1 slice of bread
- About 1000 grains or 2.5 tablespoons of rice depends on the size.