What is a Sum in Math? Definition and Examples
What is a sum in math? In math, a sum is the result of an addition. For example, in 16 + 4 = 20, 20 is the sum.
Other examples of sum in math
1. In 5 + 4 = 9, 9 is the sum
2. In 10 + 10 = 20, 20 is the sum
3. In -5 + 4 = -1, -1 is the sum
4. In 6x + 5y + -2x + y + z = 4x + 6y + z, 4x + 6y + z is the sum
5. In 3x2 + 2x2 = 5x2, 5x2 is the sum
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.